- Graduate Handbook
- Ph.D. Program Overview
- Pathways Master's Program Overview
- Traditional Master's Program Overview
- Faculty Mentors & Research Focus
- MCDB Graduate Student Council
- Life @ Michigan, UM Resources & More
- PhD Committee Meeting and IDP Form
- Graduate Program Resources: Academic Affairs Committees, Staff, Ombuds
- MCDB Grad Students @ Work & Play
- MCDB Preview Visit
All applications are made online through the Rackham Graduate School
[Links appears below in blue bars.]
- Application Deadline: December 1.
- The application fee must be paid online for your application to be accepted.
- [Waivers are available for domestic students. Email MCDB.email@example.com to obtain the code for your application.]
Application must include the following:
- Completed application form
- Statement of Purpose — A precise, concise description of your background and career goals, and a detailed description of prior research experience
- Recommendations — Three (3) letters of recommendation from professors or others qualified to evaluate your potential for graduate research
- Transcripts — Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions
- TOEFL scores MUST be supplied by international applicants from non-English speaking undergraduate programs; institutional code 1839, department code 35
- Note: we do NOT require the GRE.
Application evaluations and Interviews:
All aspects of the applications are considered carefully by at least 3 MCDB faculty members.
Top candidates are invited for interviews.
Program In Biomedical Sciences (PIBS)
Another way to apply is to use the Rackham admissions link to apply through the Program in Biomedical Sciences (PIBS) administered by the UM Medical School. PIBS is an interdisciplinary program that coordinates admissions and first-year graduate studies for 14 doctoral programs.
MCDB does not accept international students through PIBS. International students must apply directly to the MCDB Graduate Program.
More information about PIBS. Deadline is December 1.