- Graduate Handbook
- Ph.D. Program Overview
- Pathways Masters Program
- Masters Program Overview
- Faculty Mentors & Research Focus
- MCDB Graduate Student Council
- Life @ Michigan, UM Resources & More
- Committee Meeting and IDP Form
- Graduate Program Resources: Academic Affairs Committees, Staff, Ombuds
- MCDB Grad Students @ Work & Play
- MCDB Preview Visit
If accepted into the Masters program will I be funded?
No. The department does not fund regular Master's students. You can apply for graduate student instructor (GSI) positions through the Program in Biology, but you are not guaranteed a position.
Domestic Master's students are encouraged to contact the Office of Financial Aid.
Can I move directly from the Masters Program into the Ph.D. program?
No. All Ph.D. applications must go through the same application process and review. The Masters program does not guarantee admission to the doctoral program.
What are the departmental and institutional GRE codes?
MCDB does NOT require the GRE. Institutional code: 1839. Department code: 0203.
What are the departmental and institutional TOEFL codes?
Institutional code: 1839. Department code: 35.