CGIS Blog & News

Welcome to the CGIS Blog!

The CGIS Blog is a central location where students can access stories written by U-M students who have gone abroad. This page is updated frequently and can be searched using the "Search News" button on the sidebar to explore various topics such as location and identity. Archived stories can be explore archived posts here.

We are always looking for new blog contributions from CGIS alumni - please consider sharing your story if you have been or currently are on a CGIS study abroad or international internship program!

Recent Blog Posts

news feed

Turn Back Tuesday: Central European Studies at Charles University in Prague, Czechia (UPCES)

First published: 2018 - "I make a video every time I’m having one of these 'how is this my life?' moments because it is truly crazy that 21-year-old me is traveling Europe."

- Margot

Tags: Center for Global and Intercultural Study

A Conversation with Madisyn Travis: Fulfilling the LSA Language Requirement in Buenos Aires, Argentina

"My host mom was really welcoming [...] She was just really patient with me, and didn't make me feel like I shouldn't have been there. She was like: 'You deserve to be here, and I'm here to help you in any way that you can.'"

Archive: CGIS Blog & News