September 2022 - Vaishvi Salvi

September 2022 - Vaishvi Salvi

BA International Studies (International Security Norms, and Cooperation); BA Political Science ‘25

Hometown: Northville, Michigan

Affiliations: DEI Committee and Rush Committee of The International Legal Honor Society of Phi Delta Phi; Member of Delta Gamma Phi; Member of Empowering Women in Law (EWIL); Member of Michigan Pre-Law Society (MPLS); Volunteer at the Library of Congress

“One incredibly influential experience I have had is my volunteering opportunity through the Library of Congress. Through this, I was able to transcribe and translate important historical documents and information. Going through this information was remarkably enlightening because I was able to look at historical archives which provided me with insight on history and the way the world worked decades and centuries ago in terms of culture, security, and more. As a student majoring in International Studies, this experience was eye-opening because I could see the things I had learned about earlier from my professors in action in the real world. Additionally, I was able to learn a lot about historical precedent for our own political system, which was also extremely exciting because I previously interned on a Congresswoman’s campaign, where I was able to contribute to the policy making process.”

Future plans: “In the near future, I hope to attend graduate school to get a Master’s degree in International Studies or attend law school to get a J.D. Later in my career, I would love to work either within the intelligence community or in a law firm, specializing in international law or human rights law.”