March 2023 - Camila Chicaiza

March 2023 - Camila Chicaiza

BA International Studies (Global Environment and Health) ‘23

Hometown: Quito, Ecuador

Affiliations: Michigan in Washington, WORTH

“I have taken the opportunities offered by PICS to study and intern abroad twice. Last summer, I studied abroad in Barcelona, Spain. This was an amazing opportunity because I got to learn and live in a country where I would like to work in the future. Additionally, I interned abroad in Rome, Italy for the Fall 2022 semester. Not only was I able to learn Italian but I also worked for an international non-profit organization that help women and refugee victims of human trafficking. During the winter 2023 semester, I took part in the Michigan in Washington program where I am currently interning at US Global Leadership Coalition.”

Future Plans: “After I graduate, I hope I can work with the Department of State or USAID. As of right now, I am hoping to intern with USAID so that I can be more knowledgeable of the work that they do in Latin America, specially under the Bureau for Latin America and the Caribbean. I would use this experience to see what career path I pursue for my graduate degree. In the long-term, I would love to work at an international nonprofit, one whose focus is on helping refugees, women, and children.”