- Awards & Fellowships
- Recent Ph.D. Recipients
- Student Handbook - AIM & Math
- Students On the Job Market - AIM & Math
- Student Spotlight - AIM & Math
- Thesis Defense Schedule
The University of Michigan Rackham Graduate School oversees Mathematics Graduate Students. Math Grads are subject to Rackham's policies and guidelines.
The Department of Mathematics belongs to the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts (LSA). LSA is the largest of U-M's 19 schools and colleges.
The Department of Mathematics Chair is Professor Tony Bloch and the Chief Administrator is Doreen Fussman. The Student Services Office of the Department of Mathematics is led by the Director of Student Services, Jessica Randolph. The Student Services Office is located at 2082 East Hall.
The Graduate Program Coordinator for AIM and Math graduate students is Teresa Stokes. The Grad-Undergrad Student Services Coordinator is Jessica Highfield. Though the Math Grad Office works together to provide Student Services, the general division of responsiblities is below.
The Graduate Program Coordinator is responsible for:
- Assisting with Graduate Admissions
- General Advising
- Assisting with Degree Milestones: Qualifying Examinations, Preliminary Exams, and Defense
- Processing Degree Milestones, Leaves of Absence, etc. with Rackham Graduate School
- Maintaining student records and confidentiality
The Grad-Undergrad Student Services Coordinator is responsible for:
- Processing Hiring: GSIs, GSRAs, Graders, Tutors
- Fellowship and Award management
- Grad Student Office Assignments
The Math Grad Office coordinates communications between faculty, staff, and students via the firstname.lastname@example.org email.