WISE RP is more than just a learning community! We are a tight-knit group of 1st and 2nd year students excited to grow and learn together as emerging STEM leaders. There is so much to do in the WISE RP community! Explore our prospective students page to learn about the program and all the ways you can engage co-curricularly and academically as a community member. After exploring, you can even apply, check the How to Apply link for more information.
- A tight-knit community of approximately 130 first- and second-year students who live together on two floors in Mosher-Jordan and are majoring in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, pre-health, nursing or kinesiology.
- Voluntary participation in weekly peer-facilitated study groups for most introductory math, science, and engineering courses that meet in Mosher-Jordan.
- Access to a second-year Peer Mentor who lives in the community and serves as a supportive and knowledgeable role model and guide to a small group of first-year students.
- Participation in ALA107/ALA108, the year long one-credit membership course for all WISE RP first-year students. These courses expose students to the intellectual life at the University of Michigan while providing resources and tools to thrive in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) spaces. ALA 107 and 108 were designed to bolster students’ efficacy, leadership capacity, and skillsets to traverse STEM spaces boldly and confidently.
- Through the Passport to Success Program, a variety of social, academic, and multicultural events and activities organized by WISE RP Leadership, Resident Advisors, Peer Mentors, and offered through collaborations with campus partnerships as well!
- All WISE RP community members have the opportunity to engage in additional co-curricular activities like Summer Scholars, research, and internships.
WISE RP First-Year Students are Expected to Fulfill the Following Requirements:
- Enroll in ALA107 & ALA108: WISE RP Seminar in both fall and winter terms. 10% of your ALA grade is connected to your co-curricular engagement through the Passport to Success Program.
- Be an active member of the community by participating in WISE RP-sponsored programs and events.
- Keep Tuesday nights free to participate in community events.
- Participate in community-wide Welcome Week activities at the start of each semester.
- Meet individually once a semester with the WISE RP Associate Director and your Resident Advisor.
- Participation in WISE RP Study Groups is strongly encouraged.