Yearly Events Hosted by The Hopwood Program
- Pass the Mic - This event that happens in the fall semester is a tri-campus virtual event. Undergraduate students can sign up to read their work to their peers from Flint, Dearborn, and Ann Arbor. Although this event began as a virtual open mic due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the format allowed for cross-campus connection and will remain virtual so this can continue.
- The Hopwood Program Submissions Workshop - Upon returning from the winter break, The Hopwood Program hosts an event to prepare students for the upcoming submission. This is usually hosted around a week prior to the submissions deadline.
- The Hopwood Program Awards Ceremony - Every year in April Hopwood hosts an award ceremony to highlight and honor the winners from the contest that year. A keynote speaker is invited through our valued network of writers to read from their work, speak about their careers, and honor University of Michigan's student writiers. Attendees include contest and prize winners, winners' guests, Hopwood committee members, U of M faculty, Hopwood staff, and many more.
- Hopwood Tea - This event is not currently scheduled due to ongoing health precautions from COVID-19. Stay tuned for updates! The Hopwood Program hosts a weekly event in the Hopwood room where students can mingle, drink tea, connect with the Hopwood community, and access the vast Hopwood library.
Valued Partners of The Hopwood Program
The Hopwood Program works with many partners within other departments at The University of Michigan. These partnerships help us connect with students throughout UM's campuses and keeps us connected with other programs throughout the university.
- The Michigan Quarterly Review
- The Edward Ginsberg Center
- The Residential College at The University of Michigan