- Majors and Minors
- Course Information
- LSA Language Requirement & Placement
- Registration & Academic Policies
- Study Abroad
- Language Clubs
- Transfer Credit
- Language Learning Resources
- Summer Language Institute
- Accelerated MA Program in Transcultural Studies
It is not possible to test out of the language requirement based on your online, unproctored French Placement Test score. If you place into FRENCH 235, you are eligible to meet the language requirement for your school or college by taking an in-person, proctored exam called the French Validation Test.
Alternately, if you wish to enroll in FRENCH 235 (Advanced Practice in French) instead of validating your score, you can do so. If you complete FRENCH 235 with a C- or better, you will have met the language requirement.
It is your responsibility to keep track of your progress toward meeting the language requirement.
Before registering for the French Validation Test, please confirm that you meet all of the following requirements:
- You are an incoming student who took the French Placement Test online prior to orientation;
- You placed into FRENCH 235 but do not plan on completing FRENCH 235;
- You do not have AP/IB credit that can be used to meet the language requirement;
- You plan on using the French Validation Test to complete your language requirement.
If you have questions about the validation test, you can direct them to email@example.com.