- Graduate Handbook
- Ph.D. Program Overview
- Pathways Master's Program Overview
- Traditional Master's Program Overview
- Faculty Mentors & Research Focus
- MCDB Graduate Student Council
- Life @ Michigan, UM Resources & More
- PhD Committee Meeting and IDP Form
- Graduate Program Resources: Academic Affairs Committees, Staff, Ombuds
- MCDB Grad Students @ Work & Play
- MCDB Preview Visit
Pathways Master's students are fully supported for the two years necessary to complete the program.
- healthcare for you, your spouse, and dependents
- tuition and fees
Other than direct payment funds for tuition, fees, and benefits, all income is subject to taxation and must be reported on federal and Michigan state tax forms, as well as any other forms according to your individual situation. This includes your stipends, and any other funding you receive from the University that is not considered a qualified scholarship.
Depending on the type of appointment you have, the university may or may not deduct taxes from your paycheck, but your stipend is always taxable. If taxes are not withheld from your paycheck, you still must pay taxes on that income. Learn about more quarterly estimated tax procedures.
Please refer to Rackham Graduate School’s Tax Information for Fellowship Recipients.[https://rackham.umich.edu/rackham-life/ finances/#tax-information]