The Kelsey Is Now Open to All Audiences
Kelsey Museum is now open to all audiences during our regular visiting hours without capacity limitations. Visitors still need to complete the ResponsiBLUE health screening before arrival, but do not need to schedule their visit in advance.
2021–2022 Holiday Hours
- Thursday, 25th (Thanksgiving Day): Closed
- Friday, 26th: Open 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Saturday, 27th: Open 1–4 p.m.
- Sunday, 28th: Open 1–4 p.m.
- Monday, 29th: Closed
- Tuesday, 30th: Open 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Friday, 24th (Christmas Eve): Closed
- Saturday, 25th (Christmas Day): Closed
- Sunday, 26th: Open 1–4 p.m.
- Monday, 27th: Closed
- Tuesday, 28th: Open 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Wednesday, 29th: Open 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Thursday, 30th: Open 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Friday, 31st (New Year's Eve): Closed
- Saturday, 1st (New Year's Day): Closed
Normal gallery hours resume beginning Sunday, January 2, 2022.
With COVID infections on the rise due to the more infectious delta variant, starting August 11, the University of Michigan is again requiring that all individuals, regardless of vaccination status, wear a face covering in university buildings. We thank you for your understanding.
Masks must cover the nose and mouth and fit snugly. No vented face coverings are permitted based on U-M’s EHS guidelines.
Arriving at the Museum
Please enter through the Maynard Street entrance. (Click here for information about parking.) Make sure all members of your party have completed the ResponsiBLUE health screening on the day of your visit (non-U-M affiliates can use the “Guest Screening” option).
Please cancel your visit if you or any member of your party feels unwell. Visitors showing signs of illness at the time of their visit will be asked to return at a later date.
In the Museum
- All visitors, regardless of vaccination status, must wear a mask while in the museum.
- Leave all large bags, backpacks, and umbrellas in the coatroom.
- The gift shop remains closed.
- High-touch surfaces will be cleaned throughout the day, and sanitizer stations will be available at several locations. You are welcome to explore our artifact drawers, but please do not touch cases, pedestals, or artifacts.
A risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. In the interest of your personal safety and community health, we ask that you observe all the precautions listed above.
Welcome back to the Kelsey. We look forward to seeing you!
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please call 734.764.9304.