An optional online pre-arrival experience for first-year, transfer, and visiting international students at the University of Michigan
Going Blue: Course Overview
This interactive and engaging online course prepares you for success at Michigan before you arrive on campus. The course atmosphere is friendly and dynamic. Flexible “asynchronous” course structure allows you to participate from any time zone according to your own schedule. You can also join optional real-time meetings with the instructor and other students. Every student receives individual attention and feedback from the instructor.
- Enhance your confidence speaking and writing in English
- Prepare for academic life at U-M, e.g. participating in discussion classes, navigating group work, and interacting with instructors
- Learn how to get involved in the U-M campus community
- Understand U-M efforts to improve diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI)
- Learn about campus units and student organizations that provide support to international students
- Time commitment: 3-4 hours per week
- Course fee: $450
We are looking forward to meeting you this summer - Go Blue!
Summer 2023 Course Details
Going Blue is open to international undergraduate students admitted to the University of Michigan for study in the Fall 2023 term. Space is limited, so register early to reserve your place!
Course Dates: Monday, July 10 - Sunday, August 6, 2023
Registration/Payment Deadline: July 7, 2023
Course fee: $450
For more information, please email: ELI.Online@umich.edu