Explore a Michigan Ph.D.
October 20 - 22, 2022
The Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology (EEB) invites juniors, seniors, recent college graduates or master's students to participate in a fall preview event. We are looking for students who will contribute to our department's mission of promoting diversity and inclusion in the fields of ecology and evolution and who will benefit from the opportunity to learn more about the EEB program and graduate school in advance of their application.
The event is an opportunity to explore graduate education, participate in admissions workshops, and meet faculty and current graduate students. During the event, you'll have the opportunity to:
- learn about the admissions process and get an overview of the graduate program
- meet one-on-one with prospective faculty mentors
- hear from current EEB graduate students on what graduate school is like
- participate in a discussion with Students of Color of Rackham
Fall Preview weekend is open to United States citizens, permanent residents, and undocumented students with DACA. Eligible will students will also meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Come from an educational, cultural or geographic background that is underrepresented in graduate study in their discipline in the U.S. or at the University of Michigan.
- Have demonstrated a sustained commitment to diversity in the academic, professional or civic realm through their work experience, volunteer engagement, or leadership of student or community organizations. By commitment to diversity, we mean efforts in the U.S. to reduce social, educational or economic disparities based on race, ethnicity or gender, or to improve race relations in the United States.
- Have experienced financial hardship as a result of family economic circumstances.
- Are first-generation U.S. citizens or are the first generation in their families to graduate from a four-year college.
If you are interested in learning more about our graduate programs, but do not meet the eligibility criteria to participate in Fall Preview Event, please reach out to us at email@example.com We would be happy to answer your questions regarding the application process and academic life in the department.
More about the event
No cost to attend or apply
Covered costs include roundtrip airfare/train/bus ticket, ground transportation from DTW airport to Ann Arbor, and hotel stay for the duration of the event. Meals are also provided.
Why apply to attend the EEB Fall Preview?
During the EEB preview you will have the opportunity to explore the diversity of biological research carried out at the University of Michigan. Interact with current students and faculty. Discover how approachable and friendly the EEB research community is.
This event is a funded opportunity to visit the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor to learn more about the following PhD programs:
- Applied Physics
- Ecology & Evolutionary Biology
More information about the Fall Preview can be found by visiting the link below
Applications now closed.
The application includes the submission of a CV/resume and a brief research statement, both uploaded through the online link below. The research statement should be a paragraph about your academic and research background and your career goals.
We hope to make decisions and notify applicants by mid-September.