Search: {{$root.lsaSearchQuery.q}}, Page {{$root.page}}

Student Spotlight

Read about this month’s Communication and Media Student Spotlight. Students were asked to share an influential experience they had that connected to their Communication and Media major.

July 2020

Ari Wright

BA Communication and Media;  BAFilm, Television and Media; Minor in Music '22

Hometown: Constantine, MI

Affiliations: Michigan Marching Band, Kappa Kappa Psi National Honorary Band Fraternity

"This summer, I will be working with the Communications department for the National Breast Cancer Coalition, an incredible grassroots organization out of Washington, D.C. During the summer, I'll have to opportunity to research the latest innovations in the medical field and archive the stories of cancer survivors while applying the many skills that my communications courses have taught me. I am very excited to be doing such rewarding work with the skills I have, and I'm very thankful to the Communication and Media department at Michigan for all their assistance in my summer internship!"

Future Plans: In the future, I would love to go out to New York and work in media production for a major television company. I also aspire to work in communications for a major animation studio.