Search: {{$root.lsaSearchQuery.q}}, Page {{$root.page}}

Student Spotlight

Read about this month’s Communication and Media Student Spotlight. Students were asked to share an influential experience they had that connected to their Communication and Media major.

May 2021

Daniela Mirell

BA Communication and Media; Minor in American Culture '21

Hometown: Los Angeles, CA

Affiliations: Michigan Athletics Victors Internship Program, Michigan Sport Business Association, Michigan Women Empowerment in Sport & Entertainment

"This year I served as the Co-Director of Marketing for the Michigan Sport Business Association (SBA). I was the only LSA student on the executive board and only one of a few Communication & Media majors in the organization. The critical thinking and writing skills I developed during my time as a Communication & Media undergrad allowed me to be successful in my leadership position and also allowed me to offer new points of view and thoughts for the executive board who was made up of all Kinesiology students. While some may view my background in Communication & Media as a disadvantage in joining a sport business organization, I viewed it as a strength and hope I inspire other Communication & Media students to not be afraid to stand out and be different."

Future Plans: I am excited to be pursuing a Masters in Management at the Ross School of Business next year and look forward to spending another year in Ann Arbor. After graduate school, I hope to begin my professional career in the sport business world, specifically in the Partnerships or Marketing fields. Having been a Communication & Media major, I am excited to bring my unique background and a diversity of thought to the sport business world.