Do you have insights and ideas about how the LSA Opportunity Hub can effectively work with you and other students?
Student Advisory Team (SAT) ambassadors help shape the Hub’s programs, services, and marketing while developing their professional skills. SAT is a group of 70 to 100 LSA undergraduate students who provide timely, specific, and honest feedback to Hub staff that will impact the rest of the college’s 18,000-plus students.
Feedback and input can be given through in-person or virtual activities and through serving as an ambassador for Hub related events. Involvement as a SAT ambassador includes access to engage in specialized professional development and exclusive programming opportunities.
What are the benefits of serving as a SAT Ambassador?
Participants are given a host of opportunities to choose from, including (but not limited to):
- Professional development workshops
- Professional headshots
- Access to networking opportunities with LSA alumni & employers
- Piloting new Hub programs/initiatives
- Providing feedback & student perspectives to influence Hub programming
- Leadership opportunities
- Hub gear (Hub water bottle, t-shirt, phone accessories, etc.)
What is the time commitment?
We ask that ambassadors commit to fall 2019 and winter 2020 semesters. If you plan to graduate in December 2019, you are eligible to apply and participate for fall semester only.
To be considered an active participant, a SAT ambassador is required to engage in activities that equate to a minimum of 150 points per semester. We will have both in-person and virtual activities; you sign up for activities based on your availability. One in-person activity is worth 100 points and one virtual activity is worth 50 points.
Examples of past activities:
- Focus groups about building online resume tools
- Feedback session about how to improve Hub student communications
- Pass out flyers on the Diag to promote a Hub event
- Survey about industry interests for internships
- Survey feedback on the naming of a new mentorship tool
- Survey input about a new virtual resume tool that the Hub is piloting
Who is eligible?
Any LSA undergraduate student who does not intend to transfer out of the College of LSA through May 2020.
How do I apply?
The application to join SAT for the 2019-20 school year has closed. If you would like to receive the most up to date information about open positions and other opportunities to be involved in the Hub, please add yourself to our Interest List