Virtual internships allow you to work for companies around the world without having to leave home.
Interns work remotely for 8 to 10 hours per week, unpaid with the opportunity for credit. The benefits and opportunities are many:
- Work flexible hours, remotely, throughout the year
- Gain experience with companies in the U.S. and abroad, in many different industries
- Make connections in major organizations
- Build professional references from around the globe
- Gain vital experience for your resume—experience you can leverage to land your next opportunity
- Learn to be an expert communicator across phone, email, and video conference
Students achieve all this while being able to remain committed to school, work, family, or other activities that make leaving town a barrier—and engage in a more accessible experience.
Virtual internships are available for fall, winter, and spring/summer terms.
For students who qualify, ALA 225 can be taken in conjunction with the virtual internship for credit. (International students may be required to take ALA 225 to satisfy Curricular Practical Training (CPT) requirements.)
The deadline for spring and summer 2019 opportunities has closed. Check back in August for fall 2019 positions.