The Department of Mathematics climate committee is dedicated to addressing and maintaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment within Mathematics. Contact information is below.
The charge of the climate committee is to:
- Make concrete recommendations to the Chair and to the Executive Committee of possible actions or policy changes on DEI matters.
- Take input from the math department community (climate surveys, listen to complaints), and from outside sources (consultants, literature) to inform said recommendations.
- Serve as a consultant to people or committees seeking input on improving DEI in their purviews.
- Organize and encourage participation in events that promote an increased understanding of equity and diversity issues within the department.
- Outline principles for a positive department climate.
Climate Committee Members
- Anthony Bloch
- Jess Randolph (Staff Rep)
- Dick Canary
- Mel Hochster
- Beth Wolf
- Jenny Young
- Malavika Mukundan (Grad Student Rep)
- Faye Jackson (Undergrad Student Rep)
- MIchael Mueller (Secendary Grad Student Rep)
If you have any comments or concerns about climate issues in the department, please let the committee know by emailing committee members individually or email the committee as a whole at email@example.com. Issues involving specific individuals should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.