- Travel Policy
- Boren Fellowships for International Study
- Boren Scholarship for International Study
- Critical Language Scholarship (CLS)
- Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowship
- Fulbright UK Summer Institutes
- Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program
- Fulbright U.S. Student Program
- Fulbright-Hays Faculty Research Abroad (FRA) Fellowships
- International Institute Conference Travel Grants
- International Institute Fund for U-M Conferences and Workshops
- International Institute Student Fellowships
- Luce Scholars Program
- US/ED Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad (DDRA) Fellowships
Description: The International Institute Conference Travel Grants provide supplemental travel support for graduate and professional school students who are presenting papers at conferences in the U.S. and its territories. Conferences held at the University of Michigan are not eligible. Papers must be on international or area studies topics, and must have been selected by a juried process. Students may apply each year for one travel support grant of up to $300.
Eligibility Criteria: Grants are available to graduate students for travel to make presentations at area studies meetings, annual disciplinary meetings, and similar conferences and workshops. Special COVID-19 allowances: applicants may apply for funding to cover registration fees to participate in virtual events.
Support will not be given for participation on non-juried panels. Preference will be given to applicants who are presenting on juried panels on which more than half of the participants are from institutions other than University of Michigan.
Application Deadline & Submission: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and are reviewed at the beginning of each month. Application.