Thank you for your interest in the Blumenfeld Scholarship. We look forward to awarding the Blumenfeld Scholarship for the academic year 2021-22.
Made possible through a generous donation by Bachelor in General Studies (B.G.S.) alumnus David Blumenfeld, this scholarship will recognize outstanding students who use the flexibility of the B.G.S. degree structure to craft especially thoughtful and coherent interdisciplinary courses of study.
To be eligible to apply for the Blumenfeld Scholarship candidates must:
- Be officially declared as seeking a Bachelor in General Studies.
- Be in good academic standing.
- Must have at least one fall or winter semester of in-residence enrollment remaining before graduation (not including the current semester in which they apply).
Applications must be submitted online no later than the last business day in April. A complete application will include each of the following:
- The Blumenfeld Scholarship Application Form
- An updated résumé
- A Statement of Intellectual Purpose
The Statement of Purpose should be limited to 500 words (approximately 2 pages) and should address each of the following topics:
- The theme or themes of the student's B.G.S. curriculum
- A multidisciplinary approach to these issues or topics
- Connections between the student's coursework, co-curricular activities, and post-graduation plans
Give us a call.
To schedule an appointment with a B.G.S. advisor, just stop by our front desk (1255 Angell Hall), or call 734.764.0332 during our normal business hours (Monday–Friday, 8:00 am–5:00 pm).