- Winter, Spring, and Summer 2020 COVID-19 FAQ
- Winter 2020 Grading Conversion Considerations
- Class Attendance
- Academic Forms
- Grade Review
- Transferring Credits
- Petition for Exception
- Waivers and Substitutions
Petitioning for a Race & Ethnicity (R&E) Requirement Substitution
All students are required to complete a course of at least 3 credits which addresses issues arising from racial and ethnic intolerance and is not simply a course on diversity. You may petition the Academic Standards Board to be allowed to satisfy the R&E requirement with a class that was either taken at another institution or that was taken in the College but has not been officially designated as R&E.
What Does the Board Look for in R&E Petitions?
To be approved as a substitution, a course must spend at least half of the term addressing all of the following:
- The meaning of race, ethnicity, and racism;
- Racial and ethnic intolerance and resulting inequality; and
- Comparisons of discrimination based on race, ethnicity, religion, social class, and/or gender.
How and Where Do I Submit My Petition?
Petitions and supporting documentation can be submitted by clicking this link and following the instructions.