Skip to Content

Search: {{$root.lsaSearchQuery.q}}, Page {{$}}

Academic Forms

FERPA Release

You may use the online FERPA release form to authorize release of your advising record and related academic information to third parties.

Designated Pronoun Opt-Out

You can visit the Designated Pronoun Opt-Out page if you do not want your designated pronoun shown in the LSA Student Advising File and related applications.

Petitioning the Academic Standards Board

Exceptions to college policies may be granted only upon written petition to the Academic Standards Board. See Petitioning the Academic Standards Board (PDF) for more information.


NOTICE: To give students some time to get used to online instruction and potential changes to assignments and grading, as well as provide an opportunity to speak with academic advisors ahead of requesting a late drop, the Winter 2020 late drop deadline has been extended to the last day of classes. LSA students will have until Tuesday, April 21, 2020 to submit a late drop request in Wolverine Access.

  • Mini Course Drop Form (PDF)
    Use this form to drop mini courses that are 9 weeks or less. The deadline is the day before the final exam.
  • Petition for an Exception to the Late Add Deadline
    During Period III Drop/Add, use this form to request a Late Add.
  • Request for Term Withdrawal (PDF)
    If you wish to withdraw once classes have begun, you should contact the Academic Advising Center.
  • Petition for Retroactive Course Drop (PDF)
    Approval for course drops after classes end for that term is extremely rare and is only granted for extraordinary circumstances. There is a one-year deadline, and you must make a case that you were unable to complete the class and unable to request the drop during the term due to a non-academic event or issue. You must also explain “why this class and not the others.”               
  • Petition for Retroactive Term Withdrawal (PDF)
    Students who want a term withdrawal after the last day of classes must submit a petition. There is a one-year deadline, and you must make a case that you were unable to complete the term and unable to request a withdrawal during the term due to a non-academic event or issue.


Requirement Substitutions and Exceptions

The Sweetland Center for Writing administers the College's Writing Requirements. Consult this page for information about special arrangements for the Writing Requirements.

Forms for BGS, and Joint Degrees


Application for Reactivation (PDF)

Use this form to apply for reactivation if you have been away from the College for more than two calendar years (24 months).

Incompletes and Modifications

Dean's Recommendation Form

Dean's Recommendation Form (PDF)

Professional and graduate schools, professional associations, and prospective employers may require Dean's Recommendation forms. The forms usually say something like: "To be filled out by College Dean or official."