You may use the online FERPA release form to authorize release of your advising record and related academic information to third parties.
Designated Pronoun Opt-Out
You can visit the Designated Pronoun Opt-Out page if you do not want your designated pronoun shown in the LSA Student Advising File and related applications.
Petitioning the Academic Standards Board
Exceptions to college policies may be granted only upon written petition to the Academic Standards Board. See Petitioning the Academic Standards Board (PDF) for more information.
NOTICE: To give students some time to get used to online instruction and potential changes to assignments and grading, as well as provide an opportunity to speak with academic advisors ahead of requesting a late drop, the Winter 2020 late drop deadline has been extended to the last day of classes. LSA students will have until Tuesday, April 21, 2020 to submit a late drop request in Wolverine Access.
- Mini Course Drop Form (PDF)
Use this form to drop mini courses that are 9 weeks or less. The deadline is the day before the final exam.
- Petition for an Exception to the Late Add Deadline
During Period III Drop/Add, use this form to request a Late Add.
- Request for Term Withdrawal (PDF)
If you wish to withdraw once classes have begun, you should contact the Academic Advising Center.
- Petition for Retroactive Course Drop (PDF)
Approval for course drops after classes end for that term is extremely rare and is only granted for extraordinary circumstances. There is a one-year deadline, and you must make a case that you were unable to complete the class and unable to request the drop during the term due to a non-academic event or issue. You must also explain “why this class and not the others.”
- Petition for Retroactive Term Withdrawal (PDF)
Students who want a term withdrawal after the last day of classes must submit a petition. There is a one-year deadline, and you must make a case that you were unable to complete the term and unable to request a withdrawal during the term due to a non-academic event or issue.
Requirement Substitutions and Exceptions
- Bachelor of Science Eligibility Petition
Use this petition to request that a course be counted as Bachelor of Science credit.
- Distribution Requirement Petition
Follow the directions on this petition to request a distribution substitution.
- Race & Ethnicity Requirement Substitution Petition
Use this petition to request a substitution for the R&E Requirement.
- Quantitative Reasoning Requirement Substitution Petition
Use this petition to request a substitution for the QR Requirement
Forms for BGS, and Joint Degrees
- Bachelor of Graduate Studies (BGS) Upper-Level Hour Worksheet (PDF)
Use this worksheet to list BGS upper-level credits in various subjects (no more than 20 credits in one subject). Always confirm this worksheet with a BGS advisor.
- Graduation Checklist for the Bachelor in General Studies (PDF)
BGS students can use this form to monitor their progress toward graduation.
- Application for the Joint Degree Program in LSA and Engineering (PDF)
Complete this form to apply for the Joint Degree Program in Liberal Arts and Engineering.
- Application for a Joint Degree Program in LSA and another school or college (not Engineering) (PDF)
Complete this form to apply for a joint degree with LSA and one of the schools/colleges listed on page 2 of this form.
Use this form to apply for reactivation if you have been away from the College for more than two calendar years (24 months).
Incompletes and Modifications
- Request for Modification of Credit Hours - This form is to be used if you are modifying a course within the credit-hour range that is allowed for the course or if you want to take a course for more credit hours than the course is allowed.
- Petition for Late Modification of Credit Hours After Late Drop Deadline - Use this form after the late drop/add deadline to modify course credits. The 2019-2020 deadlines for this petition are: December 11 for Fall Term 2019; April 21 for Winter Term 2020; June 22 for Spring Term 2020; August 18 for Spring/Summer 2020; and August 18 for Summer Term 2020.
- Request for Audit Status (PDF) - Use this form if you are seeking to officially audit a course.
- Application for Retroactive Credits (PDF) - Use this form to apply for language retroactive credits if you have met the guidelines.
- Time Extension for Incomplete (PDF) - Use this form if you have an Incomplete and extenuating circumstances cause you to need an extension beyond the deadline.
- Instructor-Student Agreement for Finishing an Incomplete Course (PDF) - Use this form if you (student or instructor) are making arrangements for an Incomplete.
Dean's Recommendation Form
Professional and graduate schools, professional associations, and prospective employers may require Dean's Recommendation forms. The forms usually say something like: "To be filled out by College Dean or official."